When it comes to car insurance, you should know that it features numerous aspects that will provide you overwhelming feeling while choosing the best one. Every single driver in the US has a mandatory requirement to get car insurance, and still, people do not know how it works.
If you wish to reduce this particular problem, it is vital to think everything through and to create an understanding of different types of coverage that will help you along the way.
We decided to save your time by presenting you with the essential information about car insurance in general.
Types of Coverage
- Liability – The central policy that you will get by using this particular plan is a liability. It will provide you coverage in case the insured vehicle injures another person. Keep in mind that this specific coverage is usually written on the declaration page as of 25/50/10. It means that you will be able to get up to 25 thousand dollars to an injured person in an accident. In case you hurt multiple people, they will get up to $50 thousand. Finally, the third number depends on property damage, which means that you will get up to ten thousand dollars of coverage in case you damaged someone else’s property.
- Property Damage – Even though this particular point is vital for the first coverage we have mentioned above, this particular one is specific for covering damages you have to handle. Remember that it tends to refer only cost you made to others, and it can be anything from guardrails, turfed lawn, mailboxes and many more. If you wish to learn how to get the best car insurance rates, you should read a guide from this author, which will help you choose with ease. However, it will not help you deal with expenses to your property.
- Med Pay and PIP – These two types of policies are common in most states, but you should have in mind that some countries will offer you only a single one. When it comes to PIP or personal injury protection, all no-fault states will have it. It is the most comprehensive protection that will help you cover lost wages, medical expenses as well as other damages such as lawn care in case that you cannot do it by yourself. On the other hand, med pay will cover injuries of passengers that were with you in the insured vehicle. The limitation is up to $25 thousand and less of course. It does not matter whose fault was because paying it means that your passengers will get insurance based on their issues afterward. Keep in mind that you will not be able to use it as a replacement for health insurance because this policy will pay only for injuries that happened due to a car accident.
- Comprehensive – When compared with other options on the market, this is the best choice that you can make. The idea is that you will get paid for any physical damage that happens to your vehicle instead of collision. One of the most covered claims is windshield damage that may occur while you are driving. Replacement of windshield can be highly expensive and you will be able to get it for free. Full replacement requires you to pay the deductible, while some companies will allow you to reduce expenses by paying just glass, which is a low price when compared with the entire replacement. Have in mind that comprehensive policy covers numerous types of damage including flood, hail, tornado, hitting a dear, fire, vandalism, theft, tree falling and many more.
- Collision – You probably know that collision is an accident in which the vehicle hits an object while moving. It could be a guardrail, mailbox, another car and etc.
- Roadside Assistance – Even though this particular coverage is considered a luxury for most people, you do not have to worry because it is affordable and can help you along the way. You will be able to get coverage only for a tow, while you can implement additional points such as running out of gas, jump and cover lockout. You should click here to learn more about roadside assistance in general.
- Rental Car – If you decided to use a rental car, we recommend you find proper coverage that will protect you from any issue that may happen along the way. Some insurance companies will automatically cover your vehicle before renting, which will pay itself in case of an accident.